Mental Health Amidst COVID-19
Many of the most vulnerable in our community are in the greatest need of mental health services right now
Every day the impact of COVID-19 on the mental health of our community grows. Loss of employment, financial stress, coping with change and isolation, anxiety, and depression are just some of the struggles we are all facing. Mental illness does not discriminate and many are suffering. New Leaf Behavioral Health has worked hard since March to continue to provide support to 100% of our current clients despite limitations.
- We have moved 100% to teletherapy with special accommodations with clients who have limited access to technology.
- We waived 100% of fees for clients in our reduced fee program from from March to July (those without insurance or limited insurance benefits) to provide needed support during this uncertain time and continue to offer free services for instances of need.
- We staff an after-hours crisis line to support clients that are struggling outside of their regularly scheduled appointments.
- Our office continues to remain open 12 hours a day throughout the week with additional weekend hours.
The Numbers In Need of Mental Health Care are Growing
We need your help to continue supporting the most vulnerable in our community and expand mental health services to those with mental health needs. The NLBH COVID-19 Relief Fund will provide desperately needed counseling services for those without insurance and those with limited mental health benefits.
- We will be able to continue to provide access to free and low fee services for the growing number of individuals coming to us in need of support.
- We will be able to expand our ability to work with clients who have lost their jobs, insurance and are facing difficulty situations.
- We will be able to provide support for the growing number of people who are experiencing emotional distress as a result of life changes associated with COVID-19.
- 100% of your donation will be used directly to help improve access to mental health care for people impacted by the pandemic.
If you would like to make a donation to support our programs, please send a check or money order to:
New Leaf Behavioral Health
3725 National Drive, Suite 220
Raleigh, NC 27612
Make a Donation through PayPal:
You may also donate online through Paypal. Please click the Donate button to go to the secure checkout page.