New Leaf Behavioral Health is a clinical training site for clinical master’s and Ph.D. level students at local and national universities. Interns from a diverse background, including social work, counseling, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology, are accepted. In helping train future therapists, it is our goal to provide a supportive environment for clinicians-in-training to develop their professional skills. Our clinical program is grounded in teaching evidence-based practices, such as Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and the training experience focuses on direct practice.
We primarily use a developmental model of supervision and typically only work with students interested in working through both the practicum and internship at New Leaf Behavioral Health.
If you are in need of a master’s or Ph.D. level practicum and/or internship, please email Patrick Malloy at email@example.com with a resume and your program requirements for more information about availability. Here’s a few things that would be helpful to know and ask that you please include this information when contacting us:
- Whether you are looking for a site to complete both your practicum and internship
- When you would be eligible – and interested – in starting (the date of the semester/quarter start is helpful)
- Whether your program is on the semester or quarter system
- If you have the flexibility to divide your internship into two semesters, with 300 total hours for each semester, please let us know (we recommend it for the learning experience, but recognize that some programs do not allow for that flexibility)
- Whether there are any specific requirements beside direct practice (group experience, etc) and any details you can provide